Changes to the Parental Leave Act in 2019
What does it mean for Employers?
- From 1st September 2019, parental leave for parents of eligible children will increase from 18 weeks to 22 weeks
- From 1st September 2020, this will increase from 22 weeks to 26 weeks
- Parents who have already exhausted their 18 weeks parental leave, will be entitled to the extra 8 weeks of parental leave, if their child is still eligible
- An increase in the age of children that parents can take parental leave for, will increase from 8 to 12 years of age
- November 2019 (expected but not yet legislation) A new paid parental leave scheme will allow parents to take 2 weeks paid leave each, during their child’s first year. Payment will be made by the Department of Social Protection.
Contact Boyd HR for further details and to discuss how this may impact on your business.
074 9123150 or INFO@BOYDHR.IE